- That there is such a thing as the “American Football World Cup”.
- That there is such a thing as the International Federation of American Football, which runs it.
- The U.S. team is comprised of players from Division I, II, and III in college.
- Six teams are competing in the finals.
- This is the third series for the Cup.
- The U.S. will face Japan in the final on Sunday.
- Japan won the Cup in 1999 and 2003.
- … Huh ?! For a second there, I thought you said “Japan won it in 1999 and 2003″! How crazy is that?
- I did. But this is the first time the U.S. has played in it.
- ‘Cuz, seriously, we can’t have that: America losing a football game to a bunch of Japanese guys? Just kill me now. Please.
We used to think nobody could beat us in basketball, either. Without paying off refs and cheating, that is.